Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring and Honoring You

     Did you know that more suicides occur in the spring than any other season?  Most people guess that it is winter.  Although there are no concrete facts as to why spring rather than winter, one might spectulate that with the coming of spring and the promise of new life and new hopes life can offer new optimism. Unfortunately, not so much  for those feeling  helpless and hopeless.
      I  received in the mail today The Compassionate Friends Newsletter and would like to share a writing from Connie F. Kiefer Byrd, TCF, Tyler Texas. It is called .....
      To Honor You
To honor you, I get up every day and take a breath, and start another day without you in it.
To honor you, I laugh and love with those who knew your smile and the way your eyes twinkled with mischief and secret knowledge.
To honor you, I listen to music you would have liked, and sing at the top of my lungs, with the windows rolled down.
To honor you, I take chances, say what I feel, hold nothing back, risk making a fool of myself, dance every dance.
You were my light, my heart, my gift of love from the very hightest source.
So every day I vow to make a difference, share a smile, live, laugh and love.
Now I live for us both, so all I do, I do to honor you.

And for me it's ....
 by remembering you as the unique person you were,
 by growing closer to your dad,
 by loving and appreciating your sisters and brother,
 by watching your nieces and nephews change and grow,
 by the relationships we maintained and the promise of new ones yet to come,
 by the opportunity to grow from this devastating loss,
 by the ability to feel hope,
 by learning what is really important,
 by forgiving myself and letting go of guilt,
 by feeling optimistic once again,
 by making a difference for others,
 by focusing on your life's accomplishments not your death,
 by finding my life's purpose and spirituality,
 by knowing I am the person responsible for my own grief recovery,
 by forever knowing you will be a part of us forever.






Return to Sass-MoKan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers